LA Food Bank
1 in 5 people in Los Angeles may not know where their next meal is coming from. That’s about 2 million people. Due to COVID-19 the demand has increased and the LA Food Bank does not have enough money to keep up with demand.
Demand has increased by 80% since the pandemic started, yet food donations have only increased 32%.
Create an in-store donating experience. Kiosk will be using the device’s voice activated capabilities, the user will be able to navigate the different choices to make a donation on the spot, using a credit card.
There are three ways to help;
- Give while you shop, and engaging donation kiosk experience. Our kiosk offers transparency, makes it easy to donate and will have and Immediate impact.
- Get connected to donate later. Some users will want to get connected and donate at their convenience
- Use the same time grocery shopping to find and donate food items
- People want to give. They usually just don’t know how.
- We have an extremely limited amount of time to make an impression, capture their attention, and get them to donate.
- We need to be trustworthy and transparent about where the donations go.
- We need to give shoppers easy, quick ways to give while tangibly showing their impact.
- Staying connected with easy ways to continue giving is key.
- We need to provide a safe way to donate.
- Overwhelmed: any solution needs to be simple and easy to implement
- Need funding: the top priority is funding to keep up with demand.
- Food Bank may also not have as much money to spend right now
- Harder to cultivate and maintain brand partnerships through telecommunication, rather than in-person
- Passionate: can translate passion into something emotionally powerful for users that leads to joy for Alex